An Established Website Security Provider
Cloudflare has been around a while now and offers security and performance services for websites in the form of a Web Application Firewall (WAF) and a Content Delivery Network (CDN). They also offer other services such as DNS services etc.
Over the years they have become a dominant player in the web security and performance space.
Fully Integrated Firewall and CDN
As of March 2022, we are now able to offer the Cloudflare Enterprise plan at no additional cost to our clients. Thanks to a new partnership with our hosting Partner Cloudways, the Cloudflare firewall is now integrated into our hosting platform.
Some of the website security highlights include:
- Mitigation of DDoS attacks (layers 3, 4, & 7)
- Web Application Firewall (WAF) with OWASP ModSecurity Core Rule Set and configured specifically for our hosting environment and WordPress
- Auto Renewing SSL Certificates
- PCI DDS Compliance
Some website performance highlights include:
- Network Traffic Prioritization over Cloudflare’s Network
- HTTP/3 support
- Image / Mobile Optimization
- Tiered CDN
This is not the Cheap Plan
We see many development and hosting companies set their clients up with Cloudflare however this is most often the free plan or a lower-cost plan which doesn’t include the bulk of what is listed above. For our clients, it will be the Cloudflare Enterprise Plan only, an over a $200/mo value if bought directly.
Other advantages of the Cloudflare setup include:
- No more having to use a separate domain for CDN performance improvements.
- Tiered Global CDN (less hits to the web server for faster performance).
Custom Web Security Solutions Still Available
For clients that still require more complex configurations and protections, we will still offer Stackpath and Sucuri as security options. We will pick the best option for your site and support it moving forward.